Monday, April 20, 2009
Summer Of '89
this guy saved a city.
1. Gustave Eiffel also designed the inner iron armature of the Statue Of Liberty.
2. Citroen had its ad displayed on the Eiffel Tower for almost 10 years from 1925 to 1934
3. In 2002 mathematicians proved that the tower was shaped like an exponential, for better wind resistance.
4. Dietrich von Choltitz,was the last German general in Paris before the Allies freed France again. Hitler had ordered him to burn the city before the Allied troops arrived. Dietrich von Choltitz disobeyed the orders and thus prevented another Stalingard and saved the Eiffel Tower.
5. The Tower has the names of 72 people which Gustave Eiffel engraved on it. Laplace, Coriolis and Poisson were among those.
So the connect is Eiffel Tower